Big Update for Aadhaar Card Holders: The Aadhaar card, issued by the Government of India, serves as an identification card for Indian citizens. It contains a unique 12-digit number known as the Aadhaar card number, which is assigned by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). This Aadhaar card number has become a vital document for establishing our identity.
Having an Aadhaar card number is crucial for accessing various government schemes. It is required for tasks ranging from opening a bank account to availing subsidies on LPG cylinders. Additionally, linking Aadhaar with PAN has now become mandatory.
Fortunately, making corrections to your Aadhaar card, such as updating your name or address, has become easier. If you notice any mistakes in your name, date of birth, or address on your Aadhaar card and wish to rectify them, you can do so easily. However, it is essential to be aware of the limit for making such changes. In this article, we will provide you with important information regarding Aadhaar card updates.
Updating Aadhaar Card: Limitations and Process for Corrections
Aadhaar card is an essential identity document issued by the Government of India to its citizens. The unique 12-digit Aadhaar number serves as proof of identity and address across the country. It contains vital information like the individual’s name, parents’ names, age, and address. However, if there are any errors in the card, it is possible to make corrections. However, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has set limitations on the number of times certain details can be modified in an Aadhaar card.
Limitations on Correction in Aadhaar Card
- Address: An Aadhaar card holder can change their address only twice during their lifetime.
- Date of Birth: The date of birth can be corrected only once in the Aadhaar card.
- Name: The name cannot be changed multiple times in the Aadhaar database.
- Gender: Gender information can be updated only once in the lifetime of an individual.
Process for Making Corrections
- Registered Mobile Number: It is essential to have a registered mobile number for making any changes in the Aadhaar card.
- Visit UIDAI Official Website: Go to the official website of UIDAI (https://uidai.gov.in/) to initiate the correction process.
- Application for Correction: Fill out the correction form available on the website, providing the necessary details and select the type of correction required.
- OTP Verification: Once you submit the form, an OTP (One-Time Password) will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP for verification.
- Document Submission: Scan and attach the relevant supporting documents to validate the changes you are making.
- Submit Application: After attaching the documents, submit the application for correction.