Aadhaar Card Update Service Extended: You now have an additional three months to update your Aadhaar card for free. The original deadline issued by UIDAI was until June 14, 2023, but it has been extended.
You can conveniently update your Aadhaar card online within this new deadline. UIDAI has announced that you can upload your identity card and address proof by September 14.
Update Your Aadhaar Card Information: Know the Process and Charges
To ensure that your Aadhaar card information is accurate, it is important to update it with the latest demographic details. The UIDAI website provides an option to update your Aadhaar card for free at https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in. However, if you prefer to visit a CSC center for the update, a charge of Rs 25 will be applicable.
What is Needed for Aadhaar Card Update?
To update your Aadhaar card details on the UIDAI portal, you will require your Aadhaar number and registered mobile number. Through a One-Time Password (OTP) sent to your mobile number, you can change your address and other information.
Steps to Update Aadhaar Card:
- Visit the Aadhaar website at myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in.
- Log in and select the desired option for Name, Gender, Date of Birth, and Address.
- Choose the Aadhaar Update option.
- Click on the option to update your address or other information.
- Upload the scanned copy of the relevant document and provide the demographic data.
- Proceed to make the payment. Upon completion, you will receive a reference number.
- Keep this number safe as it will be useful to track the status of your update.
Tracking Aadhaar Card Update:
Once you have successfully submitted a request for a change of address in your Aadhaar card, you will be provided with a Unique Reference Number (URN). The URN will be displayed on your screen and sent to your registered mobile number via SMS. To track the status of your Aadhaar update, visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/checkSSUPStatus/checkupdatestatus.
When is Demographic Data Update Required?
You may need to update your Aadhaar card when there are changes in your name, surname (in the case of marriage), date of birth, or address. Even if there is a discrepancy in any of these details, you can update your Aadhaar card accordingly.