TS E-Challan Status Check: A challan is a document issued to a vehicle driver in Telangana when they are found to be violating traffic rules and regulations. It serves as a notice of offense and includes details of the violation committed. When a traffic challan is issued in Telangana, the offender is required to pay the prescribed penalty.
According to the provisions of the 1988 Motor Vehicle Act, the amount of penalty varies depending on the nature of the violation. The Telangana traffic police have the authority to issue a challan if a person fails to adhere to traffic rules. Electronic documents generated through the Electronic Challan System are commonly known as “e-Challans.”
This article aims to provide information on various methods for paying TS Challan online, checking the status of challans, and other relevant details. It is important to comply with traffic rules and regulations and fulfill the necessary obligations when a challan is issued to maintain road safety and adhere to the law.
How To Pay TS e-Challan Using Parivahan.Gov.In Portal?
To pay the TS Challan using the Parivahan e-Challan portal, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of Parivahan e-Challan at https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, click on the “Pay Online” option.
- You will be directed to the next page where you need to enter the required details such as “Challan Number,” “Vehicle Number,” or “DL Number.”
- Enter the Captcha code provided and click on the “Get Details” button.
- The next page will display all the details related to the e-Challan.
- Under the payment column, click on the “Pay Now” button to proceed with the payment.
- Choose a payment method from the available options. You can use a credit card, debit card, or online banking for payment.
- Once the payment is successfully made, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
How To Check TS Challan Status Online Using Parivahan Portal?
To check the Telangana State e-Challan status online, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Parivahan portal.
- Once you are on the main screen, navigate to the “Check Online Services” tab and click on “Check Challan Status”.
- On the next page, you will be required to enter either your “DL Number” or “Vehicle Number”.
- If there are no fines or e-Challans issued against your name, a dialogue window will appear stating “A Challan not Found”.
- However, if there is a pending fine or e-Challan issued against your name, a page will open displaying all the details related to the challan.
- By following these steps, you can easily check the status of your TS e-Challan online.
How To Pay TS e-Challan Using Telangana State Police Portal?
- Open the official website of TS Police, which is https://echallan.tspolice.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, enter your “Vehicle Number” and answer the security question. Then, click the “GO” button.
- The next page will display the list of e-Challans associated with your vehicle. Select the one you wish to pay.
- Double-check the details of the selected e-Challan and proceed to make the payment. You can use Internet banking, credit card, or debit card for the payment.
- After completing the payment, a receipt will be generated. This receipt will serve as a reference ID for tracking purposes.
TS E Challan Status: How To Pay TS Police Challan Using Paytm App?
- Open the Paytm app on your mobile or tablet.
- In the “Recharge & Bill Payments” section, click on “View More”.
- On the “My Bills & Recharges” page, navigate to the “Transit” section and select “Challan”.
- You will be directed to the “Pay Traffic Challan” page. Choose “Telangana Traffic Police” from the provided list.
- Enter your vehicle number and click on “Proceed” to continue.
- The next page will display your vehicle details, due amount, and challan number. Verify the information and click “Proceed to Pay”.
- Select your preferred payment method from the options available.
- A payment summary will be shown on the following page. Click on the “Pay Now” button to initiate the payment process and confirm the transaction.
TS e-Challan Check: How To Pay Using An Offline Method?
To make an offline payment for e-Challan in Telangana State, citizens need to follow the steps provided below:
- Visit the nearest traffic police station with a printed copy of your Telangana e-Challan.
- Get in touch with the designated organizations responsible for collecting traffic fines at the station.
Traffic Violation Penalty Charges in Telangana State
Here are the latest penalty charges for various violations in Telangana State:
- Underage driving: The penalty is Rs. 500/-
- Driving without a license: The penalty is Rs. 500/- (Apply for Driving License)
- Driving without vehicle registration: The penalty is Rs. 2000/-
- Driving with expired insurance: The penalty is Rs. 1000/-
- One-way road violation: The penalty is Rs. 200/-
- Offences/violations in prohibited areas: The penalty is Rs. 200/-
- Reckless driving: The penalty is Rs. 200/-
- Violating a U-turn: The penalty is Rs. 200/-
- Travelling on the footboard of a vehicle: The penalty ranges from Rs. 50/- to Rs. 200/-
- Not wearing a helmet: The penalty is Rs. 200/-
- Driving an overweight motor vehicle: The penalty is Rs. 1000 per tonne or court.
- Unauthorized interference associated with a vehicle: The penalty is Rs. 100/-
- Unauthorized person driving a vehicle: The penalty is Rs. 1000/-
- Driving on the wrong side of the road: The penalty is Rs. 1100/-
Please note that these penalty charges are subject to change as per the regulations and guidelines set by the authorities.
FAQs For TS Challan:
Which websites are available in Telangana for paying e-Challans?
Telangana provides the following websites for e-Challan payments:
Are TS Traffic Challan and Telangana State Road Tax the same?
No, they are not the same. Telangana State Road Tax is a mandatory payment made to the Road Transport department, while an e-Challan is a penalty imposed for traffic violations.
What is the due date for TS Challan payments?
Telangana traffic e-Challans have a grace period of 60 days before the full payment is required.
Which third-party apps can be used to check TS e-Challan status and make payments?
The following apps are commonly used for checking Telangana’s TS e-Challan status and making payments:
Park+ app, and others.
The Telangana State traffic police have the authority to impose fines on individuals found violating traffic rules and regulations. To settle these fines, individuals have the option to visit various traffic police stations located across the state or make online payments through the official website of the TS traffic police. Motorists who have been fined can choose to make payments using different methods such as credit or debit cards, online banking, or cash.
For those unable to pay the full amount, there is also the option to make a partial payment online. The e-challan system, implemented by the Telangana State Police in 2016, enables registered vehicle owners to conveniently pay their fines from the comfort of their own homes. This system has been well-received by the public for its user-friendly and convenient features.